Managed WordPress hosting is hosting that is designed to best accommodate and optimise WordPress websites.
Think of it as making your own pizza, with ingredients best suited for you, rather than grabbing something off the shelf.
Managed WordPress hosting has a number of advantages for your website:
- It’s lightning fast. Every aspect of the server has been tweaked to cater to WordPress’s setup. This level of hosting can often drop page load speeds by a second or more.
- It’s very secure. Having the latest version is important for security and speed, that’s why technical teams offer to automatically patch and update your install as soon as it’s available. All websites are also behind a custom built Web Application Firewall that is watching over your site and filtering out evil requests.
- The server is always up to date. The tech team who manages your hosting will always ensure the server is running the latest software, so your site will perform as efficiently as possible. Their goal is to keep you, and your website, happy.
- Dedicated support. The support teams who run managed WordPress hosting accounts are generally WordPress experts. Who would you rather have looking after your site?
- Increased uptime. With a load-balanced cloud platform there’s no single point of failure in most architectures and no impact on your website’s performance no matter what another user is doing.
There’s no “right” hosting choice for every kind of business out there. But, if you can afford the additional costs of WordPress managed hosting, and have plans to grow your website in the future, then managed WordPress hosting is generally the way to go.
If you’re unsure about the higher price point, then stick with the basic shared hosting, you can always upgrade in time, as your site grows!